Thursday, November 10, 2011

Rainbow Sammies

I promise one of these times I will post my very own treasured recipes...but as this is a place to share what we're cooking now, I thought I'd share this one that Rach steered me to a while back.  This is so quick and yummy for those last-minute nights. We have it at least twice a month and sometimes even weekly. 

(Here is a link to her post with pics...)
http://workingoffthejane.blogspot.com/search/label/Delish%20Dish%20%28Main%20Dishes%29

GRILLED VEGGIE SAMMYS


1/4 cup mayonnaise

3 cloves garlic, minced (I usually use 2 cloves...it all depends on your desire for garlic flavoring!)

1 tablespoon lemon juice

1 sliced red bell peppers

1 small zucchini, sliced

1 red onion, sliced

1 small yellow squash, sliced

Olive Oil

Kosher Salt & Pepper

1 French Baguette

1 pkg Sun Dried Tomato Feta (crumbled) (I usually use plain feta as that's easier to have on hand)



DIRECTIONS

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
Mix mayo, garlic & lemon juice. Set aside in refrigerator.
Combine all veggies on a cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil, salt & pepper. Toss to coat.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until tender.
Turn on broiler. Broil on high for 3-5 minutes. Remove from oven.

Slice baguette in half length-wise.

Spread mayo mixture on both sides of bread & top with feta.
Place in broiler for 2-4 minutes.
Top one side of baguette with grilled veggies.

Place other side of baguette on top.

Sooooo  yummy!!

3 comments:

  1. JoDee! I so needed an easy recipe for tonight. We're trying it! Thanks a bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make these probably twice a month for the last 2 years..

    ReplyDelete